The 8 Best Blogging Platforms in 2020(For Beginners)
Share this Article :
Today we will discuss the new topic Best blogging platforms.
It is very difficult to choose the best platform for blogging because most of the platform gives you similar features at similar prices.
Let’s start discussing with basic.
What is a Blogging platform?
A Blogging platform is a tool or software.
The Bloggers and Website owners use Blogging Platforms to create a Blog, manage a website.
So, have you started your blog or not?
If no then start today with the help of these platforms and with the help of perfect guide for How to start writing a blog.
Disclaimer:Please note that this post includes affiliate links that provide me commission. This is at no additional cost to you. If you sign up through our affiliate links, then we get a commission. For more information, you can read my Affiliate Disclosure.
The very important thing every blogger having a different blogging platform. The best blogging platforms depends on a blogger what type of platforms they want.
Here I have picked the Best Blogging platforms. You can choose any of these according to your need and preference.
Wix is high quality and free website builder. It provides the best platform to over 180 million users.
It allows users to create blogs or websites within minutes.
- Wix’s flexible drag and drop editor makes it very easy to move elements on your website template.
- There are 100s of free templates available.
- It provides it’s own web hosting.
- It also provides it’s own domain names
- ( free and paid ).
- Wix offers a smart assistant to build your blog your websites or blogs.
- In Wix, the templates are open for modifications and customizations.
- Wix has all the features of SEO ( Search Engine Optimization).
- Its SEO functionality is built in the “Wix Dashboard “.
- Wix offers a logo maker. So users can design a logo for their blogs and websites.
- Wix supports direct payments with credit cards, debit cards and Paypal.
- Building a fast loading website. Average 85 % to 90 % speed.
- All websites come with built-in SSL security certificates.
- Wix integrated with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google ads, Mailchimp, etc.
- The templates can not be changed easily once you have selected your initial template. You can not switch to another template.
- Users need to spend more on third-party tools or software to add more features.
Wix offers a free plan, but for using advanced features, you need to buy a paid plan.
Wix has four plans:
Combo: $13 per month.
Unlimited: $17 per month and free domain name for 1 year.
Pro: $22 per month and free domain name for 1 year.
VIP: $ 39 per month and free domain name for 1 year.
WordPress is the most popular platform and powers more than 60 million people websites or blogs.
It allows the user to create websites or blogs within minutes.
- By using WordPress, you can create different types of websites and blogs like personal blogs and personal websites, business websites, e-commerce websites, etc.
- WordPress is available in more than 70 languages.
- WordPress gives you template designs with advanced customization features.
- A programmer or a coder can use WordPress to create their themes and plugins. Because WordPress is an open-source blogging platform.
- You have free and complete control of website or blog.
- Easy to customize with thousands of templates and websites designs.
- You can add any advanced features by installing third-party software, tools and plugins.
- There are 54000, mostly free and paid plugins.
- No HTML editing software required.
( Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver ).
- WordPress does not come with drag and drop editor.
- It is an open-source platform so that it can be a major target of hackers.
It is a self-hosted Blogging Platform.
WordPress pricing depends on min which web hosting service you choose. For starting a blog or website, you need a domain name and web hosting.
So I highly recommend you install WordPress through Bluehost hosting.
By Installing a Bluehost, you will get a free domain name for the first year and the best web hosting at a low cost.
Bluehost price is :
Basic: $2.95 per month.
Plus: $4.95 per month.
Choice Plus: $5.45 per month.
Pro: $13.95 per month.
Medium is a publishing blogging platform developed by Evan Williams.
( Twitter co-founder ).
It was launched in August 2012. It is the best place to share your thoughts and stories.
- Medium’s layout is very simple, and it allows their users to create stylish posts.
- It allows writers to write stories in the form of series.
- You can use video content to share your stories on Medium.
- Users or visitors can bookmark posts and can do follow users.
- Medium has high domain authority which allows users to see a rise in their traffic by publishing their blogs.
- You can quickly increase your views on your posts because Medium receives more than 60 million visitors per month.
- Good reading experience. A lot of white space given options to design your content.
- You can use Tags on your content to reach fastly to the target audience.
- Less analytics.
- You don’t have full control over your posts because it is a third party blogging site.
1-month membership cost: $5 per month.
1-year membership cost: $50 per year.
You will get an unlimited ad-free access to all the stories.
Joomla is a free and open-source Content Management System ( CMS ).
In this platform, users can create websites and applications.
More than 2.5 million websites or blogs worldwide using Joomla.
- The most advanced feature templates management on Joomla. It creates the site look the exactly the way you want.
- It supported the open-source, multilingual CMS platforms which offer more than 70 languages.
- Joomla allows managing the content using WYSIWYG editor to edit and create content in a very simple way.
- The media manager is a tool which manages the files or folders easily.
- Joomla has the great ability to manage complex functionalities for e-commerce websites. All Joomla templates are fully responsive, and the new templates are built with the latest techniques HTML5, CSS3, PHP 5.6+.
- 24 hours of personal email, outstanding support.
- The Joomla templates are fast loading.
- Joomla extensions for e-commerce allows you to manage your products and content all in one place.
- Joomla powerful extensions like Hikashop, Virtue mart, and Jomsocial are excellent. Virtue mart extensions offer an e-commerce solution that is very useful in any business.
- Less free extension around 10000.
- Lack of security and safety features.
- Issues while installing a few extensions.
Creating a website with Joomla is free of cost, but you need to pay for advanced features and tools.
Typepad is a fully developed and flexible blogging platform. It is designed for professional bloggers.
- Typepad is very easy to use for bloggers. It allows users to create content and add directly from the dashboard.
- Typepad integrations are Facebook, Zemanta, Disqus, Google Analytics, PayPal, Twitter, etc.
- You can easily customize your blog by using Typepad themes. You can also build your designs.
- It gives you the ability to add modules to your blog’s layout.
- It offers a lot of themes.
- Typepad allows its users to post through email or portable device.
- Now you can easily map your domain name with the blog.
- It gives 24 hours of customer support.
- The limited number of blogs. For creating more than two blogs, you need to purchase the pro plan of Typepad.
- Typepad is a hosting platform it offers limited customization.
Plus: $ 8.95 per month.
Unlimited: $ 4.95 per month.
Premium: $ 29.95 per month.
Enterprise: $ 49.95 per month.
Blogger is a free blogging platform offered by Google. By using the Blogger platform, you can create your blog in just a few minutes.
For using a Blogger platform, you need a Google account.
It was started in 1999 by Pyra Labs, and Google acquired it in 2003.
The blogger platform creates more than 35% of websites in the world.
- Blogger platform has a basic WYSIWYG editor.
- It has built advanced editor to customize your website design or including Blog design.
- Blogger platform comes with Google Adsense to make money.
- Hosted by Google.
- Free templates, free widgets, free sub-domains, web servers free and unlimited.
- 24 hours customer support.
- Excellent integration with Google Adsense.
- Blogger platform offers limited customization.
- Less templates.
- Limited basic blogging tools.
Everything is free of cost.
WordPress.com is the most popular blogging platform.
People get confused because of the similar name WordPress.org and WordPress.com, but both are different.
- Limited customization.
- Automatic software and security updates.
- Built themes are easy to customize with drag and drop editor.
- Free themes and plugins.
- Integrations with MailChimp, Google Analytics.
- Great for eCommerce sites.
- Free themes and plugins.
- It manages the security of sites.
- Free SSL certificates.
- WordPress hosting is more expensive compared to shared hosting.
- Limited functionality.
- Works for small websites with low traffic.
By using WordPress.com, you can launch your website, but for advanced features, you need to buy a premium plan.
Squarespace is a drag and drops, website builder. It is the best blogging platform.
It is known for beautiful templates and excellent features.
- The drag and drop editor can easily create your websites in minutes.
- Flexible website layouts.
- You can customize your fonts.
- Squarespace’s templates are optimized for all devices.
- Hundreds of customizable settings.
- Custom WYSIWYG editor.
- Easy for SEO( Search Engine Optimization).
- Free domain name with an annual plan.
- They offer 100+ flexible templates that you can use in mobile devices also.
- Squarespace gives you 24 hours of customer support.
- Integration for Google Analytics, Google search console.
- Not support for third-party tools , plugins.
- No free plan.
- High prices.
Squarespace has four pricing plans.
Personal plan: $12 per month.
Business plan: $18 per month.
Basic plan: $26 per month.
Advanced plan: $40 per month.
Choosing a blogging platform depends on you. If you want to open an online store, you can go with Squarespace.
If you want to create a blog or website.
I highly recommend you choose WordPress.org.
If you want to create a free website, you can choose the Blogger platform because it is free of cost and easy to use.
Consider these points before choosing the best blogging platform.
- Your budget.
- Your need.
- A blogging platform is feature-rich or not.
Always consider these points.
We hope you have understood the article.
So if you have any queries and questions about this article, you can comment down, and we will help you.
Which is the Best Blogging Platform for Beginners?
Which Blogging Platform Should I Use?
You Should Use WordPress.org Platform to Start your Blog Because WordPress is free software, Easy to Customize with Themes and Plugins, SEO Friendly, Easy To Manage, Safe and Secure and Can Handle Different Media Types.
Why is Blogging Platform Important?
One of the most important ways to build brand awareness is to provide useful content to your target audience is through consistent blogging and for Blogging you need a good platform to start your online blog.
In today’s post I am going to show you some strategies that experts are revealing about how to get your blog noticed in crowd. If you follow this strategies definitely you will find very helpful.
Flipping of website is a profitable business. You have just heard about this. You have already know what the website is. Maybe you also know about&nbs…
Many people are unable to receive their payments from other countries because they are using different payment process and methods.
For example: If yo…
Convertkit Affiliate Program in 2020 : Amazing way to Make …
Today I am going to help you the most. Right now, I give you ideas for writing content on your lifestyle blog. A few days ago, my friends sat for wr…
Today I am going to help you the most. Right now, I give you ideas for writing content on your lifestyle blog.
A few days ago, my friends sat for wr…
Today I am going to tell you about some people who think that affiliate marketing is dead or not. But why they think like that? This question’s answer you will get in this article.