How to become a content writer : Step-By-Step Guide in 2020.
Share this Article:
If you are thinking to become a content writer, then I would like to tell you that start right now.
Many people think that writing as a career. It is possible, and it is the right choice. But only some people get success in a content writer who loves to write.
So if you love to write, then you can become a content writer, and you can do a part-time job for earning money. But if you think it is straightforward, then you are thinking wrong. It is not an easy job but not hard also.
Only your hard work and efforts will help you to become a successful content writer.
If you are thinking about how to become a content writer, where do you start?
Don’t worry. I will help you to make your career in writing.
But before to start, I want to ask one question.
Are you love reading and writing?
If yes, then let’s start.
- Here is a list of steps on how to become a content writer?
- 1. What is content writing?
- 2. What is a content writer?
- 3. What skills are required to become a content writer?
- 4. Few tips to become a successful content writer.
- 5. The best free content writing courses and training videos.
- 6. Best content writing tools for content writers.
- 7. Best websites that pay content writers.
- Finally conclusion:
- FAQ(Frequently Ask Questions)
Disclaimer: Please note that this post includes affiliate links that provide a commission to me. It is at no additional cost to you. If you sign up through our affiliate link, then we get a commission. For more information, you can read my Affiliate Disclosure.
Here is a list of steps on how to become a content writer?
- What is content writing?
- What is a content writer?
- What skills are required to become a content writer?
- Few tips to become a successful content writer.
- The best and free content writing courses and training videos.
- Best content writing tools for content writers.
- Best websites that pay the content writer.
- Finally conclusion.
1. What is content writing?
Content writing is a simple process of writing about any specific topic (niche).
Content writing is not a hard work it’s easy and dreamwork of many people. If you are passionate and motivated, then every job is comfortable for you.
Writing content is easy just holding a pen in your hand and writing your thoughts and imagination in your words.
Now the primary step on how to become a writer starts from here.
2. What is a content writer?
Content writer is a professional writer who writes content on a specific niche (topic).
There are many types of a writer such as:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) writer.
- Editorial writer.
- Technical writer.
- Feature writers.
- Copywriters And many more types of writer.
They all are the expert and professional writers.
They all writer writes content on a specific niche (topic).
The professional content writers write on niches (topics) that people search on the internet every day. The advantage of writing on such niches (cases) is that people get their content quickly. Such niches (topics)
are called the Most profitable niches.
3. What skills are required to become a content writer?
Skills are the ability to do something well, and It is essential for doing any work.
So here also you need skills to become a successful content writer:
- Ability to understand your readers.
This skill is essential. If you become a successful content writer, then you need to understand your readers. If you don’t understand your audience what they want from you, then you can’t write those things and points in your content. A good content writer always fulfils their reader’s needs through his scope.
So try to think like a reader and understand what you want in content. If you know the wants, then you can satisfy your readers through your content.
- Research skills.
Research skills are the ability to find a solution to a problem. The content writers required these skills. They have to find many answers to their reader’s questions.
They need research skills for keyword research, niche (topic) research and many more. It is not an easy task.
- Understanding of SEO(Search Engine Optimization) skills.
The successful content writers have excellent SEO knowledge and skills. The content stays in the top because of this SEO skills.
The content writers need to understand how search engines work. The excellent content writer writes SEO friendly content.
- Communication skills.
Communication is an essential skill that every content writer should have.
You would know how to communicate with your readers. Through sharing, you can quickly write your thoughts and ideas in your content.
You can use images, videos for communication with your readers. Some of the people understand by viewing pictures and videos, and some people understand by reading only.
But if you want to make your content high quality. You need to use these skills. It is the best way to engage with your readers.
- Use CTA (calls to action)
If content writers writing a review, then calls to action skills is the best way to engage with your readers. Mostly the YouTubers use CTA
(calls to action) skills in their video content.
The best example of CTA
(calls to action) is “subscribe and like the videos” or “buy now”.
So the CTA (calls to action) skills are content writers using in the reviews.
- Knowledge of language and grammar.
It is necessary skills which all the content writers should have without the knowledge of languages and grammars you can’t write good content.
Knowledge of grammars needs every content writer.
So the required skills of a content writer are the primary step of this post how to become a content writer.
4. Few tips to become a successful content writer.
- Fast writing.
So you want to learn how to write fast.Then continue your reading.
I am a content writer I write 3000 words per day.
You can also write 3000 words per day; it is not a big deal.
Just follow the tips for fast write content and more than 3000 words per day.
First, select any niche (topic) on which you can write a content.
Then give one hour for reading others content and for understanding.
After reading take a break for 10 minutes after that make a list of your work.
I write 300 words in one hour. So as per your ability set the time. For example, you write 200 words or try more than 200 words in one hour. And day by day, increase your words.
After completing 200 words, take a short time break for 15 minutes. After the break, sit again and continue your writing. But if you are writing 300 words in one hour so you can efficiently complete the target of 3000 words per day.
Suppose you try more than you can write more. But one thing keeps in your mind your content should be in the flow.
- Killer and unique content writing.
So here I am sharing with you my personal few tips on how to become a content writer and how to write high-quality content.
For becoming a good content writer, you need to work hard. Make your schedule and practice for writing.
So how can you write high-quality content?
- Write content as you talk.
If you write content simple as you talk so your readers will easily understand your content.
- You can see my content. My written words are capturing your attention.You see I have written my content in simple language and I am not using very hard words . I am straight to the point. I write my content as I talk. It is my special feature and many people liked my writing technique.
- And I think writing content as you talk is very easy and you can’t find any difficulties in writing . Another best thing is you can explain easily.
- Don’t underestimate the power of this technique.
- I know if you are reading this line means you are paying attention to my words and you are feeling like I am sitting in front of you and talking with you. So This is the power of writing content as you talk.
- Use attractive words for writing a headline.
If you use attractive words for writing headline, so your headline will attract the reader’s attention. Then your readers will read your full content.headline of your content plays an important role in your content. A headline is very important in your content it grabs the attention of your readers.
- Write killer content.
While writing use bullet points in your paragraph and write as you talk with your readers through your content.
- Use paragraphs.
- Write everything in a paragraph. Every content writer uses paragraphs but not everyone uses very well. There are some trick for using paragraphs in a content.
- So how can you use paragraphs in your content?The very first thing is don’t start each new sentence on a new line. If you saw the others content who are very good content writers they write a paragraph of maximum 4 to 5 lines. And every paragraphs has its own ideas and subject.
- For writing in the flow.
First, select the point then explain it easily with the help of some examples after that next.
But what should you write?
Take any point and whatever the thoughts come in your mind, translate it and write them in your content.
For example, Tiger is a carnivorous animal that lives in forests and is one of the most endangered species on earth.
I have written the one line in the flow.
- Being unique and original.
Don’t copy others content. Because you have to do better than those people, do not copy the content of those people. If you copy their content, then Google will penalize you. So write something own and unique. You are always original with your ideas and words.keep in your mind you have to do better than others . Give your 100% and write original content.
- Write questions and answers.
Write questions and then give a proper answer in your content.
It is the best way to keep your readers engaged with your content.
So this is the few tips on how to become a content writer and how to write high-quality content.
5. The best free content writing courses and training videos.
You have the best opportunity to become a content writer because, on the internet, few websites are providing free online courses and training videos.
Spend your time on free courses, training videos and learn how to become a content writer.
You can learn and develop some skills through online courses and training videos.
So below I made a list of few sites that offers you free video courses.
- This site offers you 14 days free trial. It is a learning platform and teaches you how to become a content writer and how to write content. You can learn the content strategy for the blog.
- You can learn the detailed explanation of content marketing. It offers free certification courses, content strategy courses.
- Udemy offers both free and paid online courses of content writing, content marketing and, SEO (Search Engine Optimization). They offer 30 days money-back guarantee. So it means it is risk-free.
- From this site, you can learn about creating a content strategy, technical writing, copywriting. So this is some courses which are free of cost.
- Quick sprout university.
- Quick sprout university is to teach you how to grow traffic. It has everything about digital marketing.
It is free of cost. A lot of free courses are available on Quick sprouts such as SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, paid advertising and many more.
6. Best content writing tools for content writers.
If you want to write high-quality, engaging content, then you can use the best writing tools. It is beneficial for content writers.
It will be the best tools to improve your writing. It increases readability. It automatic identifies your grammatically mistakes and spellings.
- ProWritingAid is like grammar and spell checker.
- It underlines the grammar mistakes in blue colour.It checks punctuation, tense and construction of the sentence.
- It identifies the small issues such as misuse of apostrophes, removes repetition.
- It will help to improve your word choices and many more.
- Grammarly is a writing tool, and it is trendy; it is the free and most accurate online grammar checker.
- It automatically detects grammar and punctuation mistakes. The many content writers use Grammarly tool daily like me.
- It is straightforward to use Grammarly daily. Every content writers can easily use this tool.
- YoastSEO is the best tool for WordPress users. It comes with a lot of features to optimize your website.
- YoastSEO makes it simple to manage the title and description.
- It optimizes the content which has written in WordPress.
- This tool will improve SEO ranking.
So this is the best tools for content writing, and this tools will helps on How to become a content writer.
7. Best websites that pay content writers.
It is a vital step of how to become a content writer.
If you have enough knowledge of content writing, then you can earn money by doing freelancing jobs.
The freelancing jobs give you money for writing content.
Suppose you have the ability to write 3000 words per day. Then you can earn money. Seriously you can make.
If you have the skills for content writing, knowledge, speed, then you can make your rate card.
For example, you can charge $0.10 for writing one word.
It is the power of content writing; that’s why I said content writing is a dream work for many people.
One good news for you right now the many freelancing sites offers content writing jobs or work.
The many people are searching and looking on the freelancing sites to hire a content writer.
The client’s hire a content writer through freelancing sites. If clients hire you, then only you will get freelance writing jobs. And you have to work for your clients.
Only you have to complete your writing task within the time which is given by your clients.
So the freelancing sites are which pays you money for writing content.
It is some famous websites which offer freelancing content writing jobs.
Congratulations! You have just learned how to become a content writer.
But becoming a content writer will take time. If you want to become a content writer as soon as possible, then you have to start now. The first start with reading is then writing.
Daily read books and write articles on any topic.
If you read more then day by day, your thoughts will become clear.
The more you will write the more tricks you will find for writing and day by day your speed will increase.
I hope you have understood this article on how to become a content writer.
So have you started your journey to becoming a content writer?
FAQ(Frequently Ask Questions)
What is Content Writing?
Content writing is a simple process of writing about any specific topic (niche).Content writing is not a hard work it’s easy and dreamwork of many people. If you are passionate and motivated, then every job is comfortable for you.Writing content is easy just holding a pen in your hand and writing your thoughts and imagination in your words.
What Skills are Required to become a Content writer?
1. Ability to understand your readers.
2. Research skills.
3. Understanding of SEO(Search Engine Optimization) skills.
4. Communication skills.
5. Use CTA (calls to action)
6. Knowledge of language and grammar.
how can you write high-quality content?
1. Write content as you talk.
2. Use attractive words for writing a headline.
3. Write killer content.
4. For writing in the flow.
In today’s post I am going to show you some strategies that experts are revealing about how to get your blog noticed in crowd. If you follow this strategies definitely you will find very helpful.
Flipping of website is a profitable business. You have just heard about this. You have already know what the website is. Maybe you also know about&nbs…
Many people are unable to receive their payments from other countries because they are using different payment process and methods.
For example: If yo…
Convertkit Affiliate Program in 2020 : Amazing way to Make …
Today I am going to help you the most. Right now, I give you ideas for writing content on your lifestyle blog. A few days ago, my friends sat for wr…
Today I am going to help you the most. Right now, I give you ideas for writing content on your lifestyle blog.
A few days ago, my friends sat for wr…
Today I am going to tell you about some people who think that affiliate marketing is dead or not. But why they think like that? This question’s answer you will get in this article.